Friday 15 October 2010

Potential hazards I may encounter whilst filming


Ensuring the safety of the camera and tripod, as well as human safety if either of these were to fall on one of us during filming.

I will ensure that the equipment I use for filming is constantly secure, whether being held in the hand, in which I will tighten the wrist strap taught and maintain a firm grip, or on the tripod, in which I will make sure the device is secured and cannot wriggle off.

Tripping on wires (charging leads, lights etc.)

It is important that I tape each loose wire or lead required when filming so that no trip hazard is created, especially in the party scenes where a high frequency of people will be present.

High frequency of people/ Human traffic.

I must ensure that I direct people clearly and effectively, and make them aware of all hazards and/ or things to keep clear of, to make sure that each person understands everything exactly.

Spillage of drinks causing hazards during party scene.

I need to ensure that cups and cans, if being used, are only half full, and that people preferably do not hold them during scenes in which they will be dancing or moving erratically. 

Household objects.

I must be sure to clear the areas being filmed in of household objects so that there is no hazard of trips, falls or bumps due to these.

Tripod

Whilst filming it is important that I find steady ground to set the tripod on due to the risk of the tripod falling/ giving way and damaging equipment. If I cannot find steady ground it is best that I film with the camera in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment