Wednesday 13 October 2010

Timeline and Storyboard

Timeline: To help me with planning my music video I created a time line in which I marked the different points in time that things would happen in my final video, and for how long. A lot of the shots will only be featured for 1-2 seconds however some are more lengthy and around 5-6 seconds. My video will feature a strong narrative storyline which intertwines with the lyrics of the song, with extreme close ups of performance cut in to the video. Creating the timeline helped me to realise any gaps or areas that needed filling in my idea for my video, and an idea of how the video would be recieved when finished. Below I have provided a shot of my timeline: 



Storyboard: After creating my timeline I began to construct a storyboard based on the timeline, to give a more visual example of my planning. I referred to the timeline and drew a visual representation of each cut onto post-it notes, which were ideal seeing as any mistakes I made wouldn't be permanent, and it also allowed me to switch the cuts around and see what might work best with the final product. Anything I couldn't display visually, such as angles, camera movements or shot differences, I made notes of underneath the panel.

Creating the timeline and storyboard have given me a much greater idea on how I am going to achieve my original music video, and has also created a guideline for me to refer to should I need it. Below are my sixteen pages of storyboarding:


















No comments:

Post a Comment