Sunday 19 September 2010

Preliminary Task Evaluation

For the preliminary task our class had to choose a music video and make a copy of the footage ourselves, trying to create a close replica of the first 1:20 seconds. Throughout this post I have including some comparisons between shots in both of the renditions.


We first planned by making a storyboard and assigning whom would take on what roles (monkeys, chefs etc.) and then met again to do our filming, which took a lot longer than was expected and caused us to meet again on a different date to continue. Whilst filming I learned how to film a shot, hold a steady shot and frame shots.


After filming the footage we each went to edit the footage separately using Adobe Premiere Pro, which I had never used before. I learned how to cut footage, slow the speed duration down, unlink the original sound from a video, import and export video files, and use motion control, which are all general skills vital to the correct use of the program.

Both of the processes taught me a lot about time management and how long each of the procedures actually took to do. I also learned how frustrating it can be when the slightest part of a perfect take can be unusable due to bad timing, unforeseen activity in the background of the shot etc. and that several takes should be taken to ensure a perfect one is available.



The preliminary task was an overall learning curve for me and I learned a lot of essential skills and processes that will be essential for my final music video.


No comments:

Post a Comment