Monday 20 September 2010

Music Video: Three Initial Ideas

#1 My Favourite Game – The Cardigans (1998 song with video from over 10 years
ago)



^ Official 1998 Video Above

If “My Favourite Game” were to be my final choice I would feature two main
performers, one male and one female, the camera would have a lot of focus upon
the female character and she would also be the voice of the song. I would have them
dressed in fairly average clothes, and the video would tell the same story as the song
does, as the female performer would find that she is losing her ‘favourite game’ (her
boyfriend), meaning I would intertwine shots of the female performer coming to
the conclusion that she has ‘lost’, such as her noticing her boyfriend doing things
differently to normal etc; with several shots of her performing the song throughout
the duration. Towards the end of the video I would like the viewer to understand the
idea of her ‘losing’ the game and an impression that she may commit suicide. I would
likely include some extras to allow the shots of her boyfriend to be more noticeable
and to give the audience an easier time understanding the story. Locations would
likely be within a bedroom which would belong to the ‘lovers’ and several others
such as a possible street location and a party/ club environment. I would like to
include a great variety of camera angles, such as extreme close ups and reaction
shots (the female putting on makeup, noticing the males changes etc.) I would
create a fast pace when considering editing styles, due to the nature of the song and
possibly include a split screen of some kind between the male and female. I would
also like to include a quick montage of flashing clips of video following each other/
happening at the same time. I would likely not use any special effects for the video.



#2 I Don’t Want To Fall In Love – She Wants Revenge (2005 song with no video)



^ Audio Above

Should “I Don’t Want To Fall In Love” be my final choice, I would allow my video to
tell the story that the song does, of a man who doesn’t want to fall in love, however
already is. I would use two main performers, one male and one female, whom would
meet at a club/ party style environment (in which extra performers etc. would be
needed) and begin to fall in love with eachother, however after a point, the male
performer realises that he is falling in love and leaves the female. A variety of
different shots and camera angles could be incorporated into this including pan
shots, establishing shots, close ups and extreme close ups. Several locations would
be needed such as the party/ club style environment, a bedroom, a street setting
and possibly others. Editing styles could include split screens and a montage as well
as other things such as a fast paced technique to compliment the songs energetic
beat. I would like to include cuts of the male performer singing the lyrics also, and
intertwine these with the storyline. I would likely have my performers wearing fairly
average clothes, however would style their hair and makeup to give them a fairly
edgy look.



#3 Runaway – Yeah Yeah Yeah’s (2009 song with no video)



^ Audio Above

If “Runaway” should turn out to be my final choice I would have one female
performer as the focus of the video, whom would be filmed alone throughout almost
the entirety of the video. Costume would include messy hair and clothes, and she
would be depicted as upset and gloomy by the camera. The video would begin in a
bedroom, the performer alone and upset, the camera would then zoom out of the
room and into other rooms throughout the house, in which she would be shown
in several different conflicts with friends, family etc; Eventually she would pack up
her things and leave to run away. The rest of the video would follow her briefly
on her journey, until she ended in a city, the camera would show a close up of her
face, still miserable. The pace of the video would likely fluctuate between long cuts
to compliment the mostly gloomy and somber tune of the song, however at some
points could speed up in an event such as a montage of her journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment